Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Shoes of the Month

 With the new year having rolled swiftly in and the first paycheck of the month slowly depleting.. I have managed to add a new expenditure to my monthly budget. 

Shoes. 

I know... I know how completely unlike me that is.. but while going through my cupboards the other day I came to the rather depressing realization that I actually don't own many pairs of shoes! I do own a ginormous collection of heels but lets face it - I can't actually walk in them! 

I tend to stick to just one pair of shoes and wear them out until they are literally scattered with holes and scuff marks. 
My shoe closet looks like a grave-site. 
So... I have decided that once a month I am going to treat myself to a pair of comfortable, every day shoes. It's a new year and I'd like to start collecting something new.. what better than shoes????  This way, I can give each pair a break from time to time and hopefully lengthen their life-span.

These were this months pair... at an absolute steal of a price! They are from a shop called Mr. Price (a South African store) and are R99.99 which is the equivalent to £5 or roughly around about $9.00 (I got this exchange rate from the internet so who knows how accurate it really is!).

I think they are really cute and vintage - and the breathing holes make it so nice and airy for my feet too.  Best of all they are the sort of pump that will pretty much go with anything you wear. They are completely versatile and comfortable! One of the things I really adore about them is the pointed toe. I have never owned a pair of shoes with a pointed toe (besides boots!) so it makes for a nice change.


I'm really excited to bring this new monthly post onto the scene because.. well... a girl can never have too many shoes right!? So once a month I will have a new pair of shoes and by the end of 2014 my collection will be on its way to impressiveness!

Do you collect anything in specific and if so, what is it? 

See you on the flip side, bloggers' 


post signature

23 comments:

  1. Love your shoes :)

    Check out my new post Here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are soooo pretty
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great idea! My shoe closet always looks like a grave-site too! BIG time. I do the same thing; wear one pair of shoes until they're falling off of my feet.. lol. Rob always sighs heavily and MAKES ME buy another pair. I like those shoes.. they're super cute and you can wear them with everything! Looking forward to next month....!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I am glad I have this in common with another woman :) at first I thought I was the only one!\
      ... starting to think I can't wait a month to get another pair!! hahahaha I'm addicted already :P

      Delete
  4. Hooray on your splurge! I adore these shoes--they look so comfy! Stylish, too! Can't have too many shoes! xo T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are super comfortable! I know they might not be everyones cuppa tea but they are mine :) I love them!! xxxx

      Delete
  5. They are so cute Jade, the design is beautiful. I'm excited to see what other styles you are able to find!

    I don't really collect anything, at least not that I can think of...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shoes and pictures! Very nice blog you have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice shoes.

    Want to follow each other on GFC, Bloglovin, FB and Twitter? Love
    New Post Fashion Talks

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them!! <3

    Diana
    www.ManhattanImageandStyle.com
    New Blog Post: How to Get What You Want

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade