Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Monday, September 3, 2012

The Perfect Summer Playlist

Everybody seems to be slowly getting into the summer spirit in sunny South Africa.

However, for some of you late bloomers - I have compiled a mix of the best summery songs to get you feeling the vibe!

 The December Streets - So Fine 
♥ The Wanted - Chasing the Sun 
♥ Alanis Morisette - Hand in my Pocket 
♥ Ellie Goulding - Lights 
♥ Nicki Minaj - Starships 
♥ The Naked and the Famous - Young Blood 
♥ Dire Straights - Sultans of Swing 
♥ Foster the People - Pumped up Kicks 
♥ The Naked and the Famous - Punching in a Dream 
♥ Anything by Asleep in Transit 

The December Streets is a band that I discovered at 05h30 one morning on my way to work. They are South African talent with the catchiest tunes that you can't help but jiggle along to! I have hunted youtube flat and have yet to find a video of their song but trust me on this one  - this band is great! 
If you're into The Kooks or The Arctic Monkeys then this band will sound like 'home' to you :)
Link to them here:

Asleep in Transit is a band that stumbled across ME at the Knysna Rocks Music Festival this year. 
I had been waiting in a depressingly large queue waiting to get my Elvis Blue CD signed when an indie looking guy approached me with a freebie CD. 
When I got back to the car later that night I listened to this band and was blown away. 
The female vocalist is just incredible and their music is just so... happy! 
Find Asleep in Transit here:

Give those songs a listen and feel the summer burning in your veins!



Peyton Sawyer Music Quotes

"Every song ends, but is that any reason not to enjoy the music?"

"You know I've got this theory, there are two kinds of people in the world. There are lyric people and music people. You know, the lyrics people tend to be analytical. You know, all about the meaning of the song. They're the ones you see with the CD insert out like 5 minutes after buying it, pouring over the lyrics, interpreting the hell out of everything. Um, then there’s the music people, like Brooke. Who could care less for the lyrics as long as its just got like a good beat and you could dance to it. I don’t know, sometimes it might be easier to be a music girl and not a lyric girl. But since I’m not, let me just say this. Sometimes things find you when you need them to find you, I believe that. And for me its usually song lyrics" 

"Many people die with their music still in them. Too often it is because they are always getting ready to live...Before they know it...time runs out." 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade