Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Monday, September 3, 2012

The Perfect Summer Salad

So I got a bit of hype over the salad photograph I uploaded in my August Favourites Post. 

If you're having a dinner party and fancy throwing a salad together that is easy, simple and most importantly delicious...
If you're wanting to add hard boiled egg to your salad or simply just looking for a new salad dish to try out, then read my post below to find out how to make the perfect summer salad:

What you'll need:

  • A box of eggs
  • Bean-Sprout Lettuce Mix
  • Cheddar Cheese
  • 1 Red Pepper
  • Cucumber
  • Mange-tout
  • Tuna
  • Mayonnaise
  • Salt & Pepper


Start by boiling your eggs. 
I don't know about you but I buy free-range!
Put the eggs into boiling water and leave for five minutes. 
Remove the eggs, letting them cool on the counter while you prep the rest of the salad. 

For this specific recipe, I literally scrounged around finding all the greens my fridge stocked and chucking them in... Lets just say that is wasn't a planned success! 
But for interests sake:

I had a bean-sprout lettuce mix packet which I lined my salad bowl with. 

I chopped up about three baby cucumbers, first length ways and then sideways, making a 'half-moon' shape with them. 
I scattered them over the lettuce and continued on with stuffing in some mange-tout. 

To add some colour I diced up a red pepper - it also adds a bit of that succulent juice you're always looking for in a salad. 

Cubing some cheddar cheese I dunked a few squares in before halving my eggs and prettily placing them around the sides. 

Once the salad is dished up onto your plate, coat the salad with a tuna / mayonnaise mix (I never measure anything, I literally go with my gut and hope for the best with anything I make!). 

Grind some salt and pepper on top (optional) and get two freshly made, hot fish-cakes to eat alongside and enjoy!





1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! I *love* hard-boiled eggs in salads. Thanks for visiting my Scrumptious blog Jade.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade