Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Monday, September 10, 2012

Strawberry Chicken Salad


What you'll need to make this refreshing, summer salad:
  • Mixed Lettuce
  • Strawberries
  • Cashew Nuts
  • Slithers of Chicken Breast
  • Lemons
  • Feta
  • Cucumber
  • Red Peppers 
  • Onions
  • Spring Onion
  • Balsamic Vinegar
Cut chicken into cubes and grill, squeezing fresh lemon juice over it constantly and grinding some salt & pepper on. 
Leave in a bowl on the side to cool down while you prepare the salad. 

Toss in some mixed lettuce, chopped spring onions and onions.
Add cucumber, small diced red pepper and halved strawberries. 
Take handfuls of cashew nuts and crunch them in using your hands before adding in the chicken pieces. 

Once salad is prepared add the feta on top, serve into portions and pour a decent amount of balsamic over it. 

A while ago I started craving chicken salad, strawberries and nuts - creativity soon struck and after combining all of these scrumptious ingredients I mananged to prepare this. 
I took my creation along to a dinner party that night and had such positive feedback. 
Everyone adored the combo of feta and strawberries and they told me they had never tasted such incredible chicken. 
Needless to say - I was pretty chuffed.

This salad is deliciously refreshing and perfect for a Sunday afternoon in the sun along with some chilled white wine. 

 Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. i'm definitely going to try this! :)

    your posts are amazing btw!
    i now follow your blog via bloglovin and it would be cool if you checked out mine as well.

    anillla.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade