Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Denim on Denim

Following Lauren Conrad's latest update - I thought I would share with you a great way to combat that gorgeous denim shirt you've been dying to wear, with a pair of jeans. See below for 2012's latest fashion:

I remember not too long ago when wearing denim on denim was cringe-worthy - but styles roll back around like a ferris wheel it would seem.

Look at styles that are trending at the moment for example - bright yellow pants? Ring a bell? The 60's and 70's are back! 


Way back when: 



Now:

Using a denim button up I salvaged from Pippin, a vintage boutique run in Port Elizabeth, I have portrayed the perfect way to wear denim on denim without looking like a 'denim sandwich' as one would say. 



The trick is to use two different shades, usually lighter on top and darker on the bottom. 

I smile every time I put this button up on as it makes me look so much like the college version of my mom. 
I remember being just a few years old and tagging along to college with her in Manchester while she studied photography - denim was very 'in' in the early 90's and it seems to be back in today!

Its pretty hard to come across denim shirts these days though which is why when I saw this bargain in Pippin for just R150.00 I was sold - or should I say it was sold!

Link directly to Pippin here and find your own great vintage apparels in South Africa:

How did you pair your denim? 

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade