Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Sunday, March 27, 2016

I'm Moving to Europe!!




The last month has been an absolute whirlwind. 

Right now I am supposed to be a wife. A barefooted housewife pottering around the kitchen preparing dinner for my hubby in a humble log cabin nestled in a tiny town in South Africa.
When I envision this, I am already one month pregnant. Probably a son. 
I'd have called him Maverick (no, not after the strip club which said hubby would more than likely frequent... after a wave. A very big wave to surf in California. There's the surfer girl coming out in me!)
Instead, I am more free than I have ever been.

"Don't ask her why she needs to be so free... she will tell you it is the only way to be."

I have paid off all of my debt, snipped up my account cards, resigned from my job of three years, given notice at my gorgeous flat where I can lie in bed and listen to the ocean roaring at night. I opened up my life savings and instead of doing what I normally do (buying flights to some exotic paradise like Siargao in the Philippines for a little traveling holiday,) I spent the majority of the money on training courses and medical examinations which I have now completed, leaving me fully qualified to go and work on yachts and cruise ships! 
I made some absolutely wonderful friends during the two weeks of training and we all became very close:   









From there, everything happened so fast that I am still trying to catch my breath. 
I landed a job on a drop dead gorgeous yacht with what seems like an amazingly friendly crew and the next thing I knew, my one way flight to Italy was booked. 
I fly out in exactly 21 days (whose counting?) and have to work at the gallery practically every day until the day before I fly. Hard work pays off though. Always remember that. 

Should it stress you out that at 25 your life is starting completely anew? 
Is it stressful that I now have no home, no address and will be living out of my suitcase as I travel the Med all Summer long (probably even indefinitely), working hard as a stewardess along the way?
Maybe it is. 
Maybe it should be stressful... 
But it's not. 
Because this is what I have always wanted. 

I am extremely excited to crack open the spine of my beautifully decorated travel journal and document my experiences both working as a stewardess on a yacht and also to focus my attention back onto the travel section of this blog. 
I adore sharing my travel stories and photos with people who are just as passionate about travel as I am.
I love reading other travellers stories and become so inspired by their words and moments captured through a lens. 

So I guess all I have to say is....
holy SHIT guys! I'm moving to Europe!!!

21 days and counting.

Bye bye South Africa.



post signature

19 comments:

  1. Oooh, exciting!!! I'm v glad for you!!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jade, I love hearing how happy you are... you are living your dream... that's beautiful... I wish you so much joy and success... I look forward to seeing all your photos and hearing all your stories... I have always loved reading all about the places you have seen xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I am so proud of you and I'm so looking forward to you chronicling this new and exciting chapter of your life. Have fun, be safe and run like the wind gorgeous girl, to places you've never been before. xoxooxxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like life has just started for you and everything has conveniantly fallen into place!! Where once you were a queen stuck in a castle that has now blossomed into a pirate on an adventure ;) I wish you all the best on your travels and although I am sad you are going that much further away I'm happy that your happy to be leaving!!! Xxx my love for you will always live on.
    From your once beloved king

    ;)
    P.s. 30 seconds will not be the same anymore. But maybe keep practicing for I see a worthy team mate in the distant future ;)

    Xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like life has just started for you and everything has conveniantly fallen into place!! Where once you were a queen stuck in a castle that has now blossomed into a pirate on an adventure ;) I wish you all the best on your travels and although I am sad you are going that much further away I'm happy that your happy to be leaving!!! Xxx my love for you will always live on.
    From your once beloved king

    ;)
    P.s. 30 seconds will not be the same anymore. But maybe keep practicing for I see a worthy team mate in the distant future ;)

    Xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tis a sad day for the villagers for they loose there queen but a happy day for the pirates for they gain a captain!! I spoke with the villagers today they are very happy that your pursuing your dream of pillaging small villages on the outskirts of Italy and nabouring country's but your king hold a heavy heart. He is found wandering the kingdom lost and afraid but he knows your happiness is what will make him a stronger king.

    So I write you this scroll apon the interweb to you on behalf of the king to say to your majesty that all is well in the kingdom till your return may your pirate ship carry you to what you seek and happiness be with you on your adventures may the oceans be clear and your heart be full for journey is not about the destination it's all the good stuff in between and just know your king still loves you and your 30 second skills.

    So I bid you adew and maybe one day in the distant future we may see our queen on her ship sailing back to our beautiful shores

    Oxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I'm so excited for you! This is great news! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!! Sounds like your hard work has paid off, and you'll soon be on another amazing adventure. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pics dear! Have a great week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh this is so exciting! I am so happy that you are really making your dreams coming true. I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im so happy for you, that is fantatic news. You deserve all the happiness in the world X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! So many changes. It all sounds very exciting. Best of luck to you on these new adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome news! Good luck with all the moving related activities and hope to see you around! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm happy for all these wonderful changes going on in your life.
    Now, that's a Rainbow Rowell I haven't read yet. I enjoy her Eleanor & Park so much it still affects me until now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. looks like you have an amazing live! keep going girl! which you the best! :)

    Please check my Blog!! :)

    http://www.alessabernal.com/

    Alessa Bernal :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jade! It's been so long! You're moving to Europe! I couldn't really think up a better job for you. I mean really.. you'll get to travel and meet people.. it's perfect. All the best in your new chapter!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG! How many days do you have left now? It must be nigh. I am so freaking excited for you. I can't even begin to imagine the amazing adventures that now lay at your feet. Europe is so dreamy, you are so lucky. I don't need to wish you all the best because I'll always hope that for you friend and I just know that the Universe always has your back. I can't wait to hear all these new stories such a job will bring about and see it all through your eyes. Maybe we'll even cross paths sooner with you being in Europe! <3

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. ahh, how exciting! and you're in italy now, are you not? (i wish i was in italy, haha!) i hope you're having an amazing time, loving life and good luck with everything! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey, how's Europe?

    I'm reading this and feeling excited for you and all the beautiful changes in your life. Everything really does happen for a reason. And all those mess led you to this.

    You really remind me of Liz Gilbert in Eat, Pray, Love. All those heartache she went through brought her to beautiful places both literally and figuratively speaking.

    Enjoy your new job and your new life. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade