Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Spiritual Growth

2012 has not been 'good' to me so far... or perhaps it has. Perhaps I just don't know it yet...

They say everything happens for a reason. Well, I got 'the boot' from work yesterday. I understand why... The fact that I can't speak Afrikaans is a big problem. I wonder why it is that I am so eager to learn languages such as Italian yet the idea of spending my time studying Afrikaans quite frankly makes me want to gag!
In the words of the genius herself, Elizabeth Gilbert, "Every word in Italian is like a truffle," and it is surprisingly true.
In comparison, every Afrikaans word is like a forkful of stale carrot cake - not something that I enjoy or particularly want.
If you are going to have cake, go for a decadent chocolate cake with mountains of rich icing!
They did the whole 'Its not you, its us,' speech, making it sound like a typical breakup though I am pleased that we will be leaving on good terms. 

Although I could whinge and moan and tell you that the start of 2012 has been pretty much disastrous for me so far, I'd like to believe that leaving Jam Factory is giving me the opportunity to find what I am supposed to do with my life. I am seeing it as a blessing in disguise.
Nobody wants to read a morbid blog so instead, I am going to use my sadness of now to fight for happiness.

*
I have decided to pursue yoga to aid me on my path of spiritual growth. I went to my first class over this past weekend and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Now that my limbs have finally loosened up my next session is tomorrow night, so hopefully I'll be able to force myself into those riduculously sore stretches!
I have also applied to win a free 200-hour free yogi training course. Not wanting to get my hopes up but secretly checking my mail every ten minutes to see if I have won. It would be the first thing in my life that I have actually won. As I'm going to have a lot of spare time on my hands now until I find yet another job opportunity I can't help but think that maybe this was my blessing is disguise!?

There's this book that I am reading at the moment that my best friend, Michael Berman, insisted that I read called 'The Road Less Traveled,' by Scott Peck. I am literally devouring it and truly recommend it to anyone who is on a path to find peace with themselves and with the world.
It has taught me so much over this past month and has made me see the world in a whole different light.
After that book I managed to pry a copy of, 'The Power of Now,' by Eckhart Tolle from the dusty shelves of a second hand bookstore.
I am desperately praying that it will teach me how to start living in my body in the present and stop me from having this constant worry about the future and dwelling on the past.

To end off my first blog entry for the New Year I'd like to once again bring up my hopes and dreams of traveling to Italy.
The world is 'supposedly' coming to an end at the end of this year according to those blasted Mayan's and if there is a chance that it is true I am going to make sure that I have lived out my dream before such events occur.
I checked the prices of tickets to Italy today. From now until 22nd June this year it is just over R5000 to get a ticket. I still need to figure out how I'm going to afford that along with accommodation fees and extra cash to spoil myself with pasta, gelato, wine, shopping and so much more!
It will happen... I will find a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade