Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Sunday, June 2, 2013

YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Lip Stain | No. 1 Violet Edition | Review

On the ferry ride across to Paris from Dover, I found myself browsing the shelves of the on-board shop.
 
Having recently discovered that I have a slight lipstick fettish, I set out to buy a new tube that morning with my mind set on exactly what shade I wanted.
I had borrowed a friends lipstick one night out in Munich and it was the most gorgeous plum colour that I had ever seen. It was completely different to any of my regular maroon shades that I tend to stick to.
Not one brand had anything even remotely similar.
I did however stumble across YSL for the very first time... it was fate.













Now normally I do not like glossy lipsticks.
I am personally more of a matte girl, but the only colour that was anywhere close to the Plum Inglot lipstick I'd found was the No. 1 Violet Edition YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Lip Stain.

To be honest, I didn't even want to try it - but I am so glad that I did!
 
I've always been disappointed with lipsticks that promote themselves as 'long-lasting.'
Nothing has ever lasted longer than half an hour on me before!
This is the first time that I have been really impressed with a products quality and durability.
This product lasted a good six hours while still looking like it had just been applied!

 

I also found that this product was wonderfully moisturizing. It didn't dry my lips out at all and unlike most glosses, it wasn't sticky.
Once it has set it doesn't stain your teeth either which I am so happy about because I feel comfortable and confident while wearing it.
 
To further my praise - I believe that it was truly money well spent because you don't need to worry about reapplication.

Apply one slick across your lips, (don't smack your lips together afterwards!) and let that dry before applying a top coat.
The applicator is a lovely sponge spatula that makes application so easy and is perfect for controlling where the colour goes which is really important with a stain product such as this.

 
 


The only downside about this product is the slight chemical aroma to it but I'm willing to overlook that.
 
What lipstick brands do you enjoy?
 

8 comments:

  1. I want to try that out! Could you please consider following each other? www.shineonbyandrea.blogspot.com Twitter:@shineonbyandrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course love, I will take a look at your blog right away x

      Delete
  2. I've heard a lot about these but never tried one.

    Walk of Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love YSL! Even thought I only own one product (a nailpolish) haha. But I would like to own more! It's just kind of expensive to me. That seems like a really pretty colour :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love YSL! Their sheer candy ones are beautiful! I would love to try this product, the color looks amazing on you!!
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds really lovely!

    jess xx
    dotofdaisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the colour, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That color is so pretty! I've been wanting to try YSL's glossy lip stains!
    xxx


    www.glamorousgirl2014.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade