Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Thursday, June 20, 2013

People Like Us - Movie Review


I woke up at 2am this morning. What dragged me out of bed at that ungodly hour? My life passion and dream, that’s what. 

From 2am – 10am I had an eight hour bout of pure creativity. In those eight hours I successfully managed to fill up a 150 paged notebook back to front with notes for my latest novel: The Other Woman. I also managed to turn my hand blue. Oops.
The Other Woman is a really personal story for me to share with the world and an absolutely unique concept and idea, regardless of what you may think because of the crappy, temporary title. 
I started it in September last year but by the end of October I could not bring myself to touch it. It has taken me months to pick myself back up, dust myself off and get back on the proverbial saddle as they say – but I finally have. 
This book has so much potential and in the early hours of this morning I was struck wide awake by an almost supernatural force of creativity.

I tried to go to sleep after that, really I did – but the words just kept swimming around in my head, wanting to be set free. So I sat down in front of my laptop after pouring ANOTHER cup of coffee (I swear I'm literally buzzing right now,) and I wrote 80 pages out.
I can’t give away my blurb to you all just yet but know that a literary masterpiece is under-way!
With that being said, here is today's post, a quick movie review on a film I recently has the pleasure of watching:


Sam, played by Chris Pine and his horrendously hairy eyebrows is a smooth-talking salesman who was never necessarily close with his music loving father. Nevertheless, upon his passing, Sam feels he is entitled to some sort of an inheritance.
When one of his dads old friends meets up with him to deliver a leather pouch filled to the brim with rolled up wads of cash, Sam could hardly believe his luck. Then, he finds a sealed envelope with a set of instructions inside, telling him where and who to get the money to.
Sam contemplates ignoring the note and keeping the money for himself, who would know anyway, right? But curiosity gets the better of him and he goes to investigate who the people are who supposedly deserve the money more than he does.
At first he is filled with his own theories of who this woman and her young son are to his late father, until eventually the shocking truth is revealed when he follows her into an AA meeting.
Once he knows who she is will he reveal who he truly is to her as he grows close with her and her rebellious son?
Will he hand over the money or decide to keep it for himself and move on with life as though he'd never met the woman who in one shocking confession, changes his life and purpose of it forever more?
Will he run away like he's become so good at doing or will he embrace this new discovery with open arms?
Watch it all slowly unravel before you in this gorgeous mixture of drama and affection.
It is relatable, raw and real.
Overall, a good movie with a strong cast to watch if you're in the mood for something slightly more serious with an added sprinkle of spice.
My father made a rather nasty comment nearing the end of the film, saying, "Good God! I've only just realized that's Michelle Pfeiffer playing his mother!"
He's right though. Although I wouldn't exaggerate and go too over-dramatic the way that he did, the woman has unfortunately not aged well at all.
Something about her will always be beautiful to me though.
Have you seen this film?
What were your thoughts?
Have you seen any other good films recently that you could recommend to me?
Enjoy the weekend ahead bloggers'! It's just around the corner.

post signature

14 comments:

  1. I have just come across your blog and love it! This post is great and i love the 6 rules. Il def be back for more!

    Beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you! I am so glad to hear that!! Will check out your blog too x

      Delete
  2. First, I have to thank you for your comment on my blog! I'm glad you left that comment because now I've discovered your blog :)

    Secondly, The Other Woman sounds like a great idea. I get those random creative bursts of energy too. It's usually before I go to bed, while I'm in the shower, or running. Needless to say...I don't have access to a pen and paper during those bouts of creativity. But really...80 pages is impressive!

    And thanks for the movie review! It sounds really interesting :) I'm now following you on GFC and Bloglovin. xo Azu

    www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow thank you so much for your comment, I love getting long, more-personal comments!

      I love your blog and recommend it to anyone who reads this :D xx

      Delete
  3. This is diffinatly going on my next to watch list :) thanks for the review!

    http://jessielovesjake.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey,
    Nice blog.. Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin and GFC..!!!
    Keep in touch
    beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been meaning to watch that movie for ages now! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you get a chance let me know what you think :)

      Delete
  6. Is so cool that you are writing a book!It happens to me as well,sometimes I don't really know why,the "night times" are the most creative for me!
    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog,I'm following you too now! :)

    Only a storm in a coffee cup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writers have terrible sleep patterns ;)

      Thanks!!

      Delete
  7. lovely blog:)
    Maybe you want to follow each other? :) let me know:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Usually I don't leаrn aгticle on blogs, but I wish to sаy that this write-up very
    compelleԁ me to check οut anԁ ԁo іt!

    Үοur writing stуle has bееn surprised me.

    Thanκ you, νery nice post.

    Here іs my ωeb blog; proactol ncis episode guide ()

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade