Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

...I Fell In Love Today...

What is your idea of heaven? Is it the white sandy shores on a tropical island, sipping a delicious cocktail? Or is it snuggled up by a crackling fire-place in a cozy log-cabin nestled between the snow covered mountains of Switzerland? Well... this is mine:



Reading is my absolute favorite past time. The best part is that you can do it anywhere. By the fire-place, on the beach, in the bath... accompanied by one of my very favorite things: wine.
It was page 356 that made me really fall in love with Garv Garvan - the fictional chic-lit character from Marian Keyes novel, Angels... although I had suspected that I was in love with him all along.  



He is my definition of The Perfect Man. Plus, he's Irish - that accent would quite literally make me melt. 
I found myself so utterly distraught and angry at Maggie (the main character) for treating him the way that she does. But I don't want to spoil this divine novel for those of you who have not yet read it yet so I won't say much. 

Last Sunday I had the most wonderful day spent soaking up the sun-rays in my garden with this book, a cup of green chai tea and cake. Comfort eating in my lazy Sunday pj's and every now and then feeling my cats come and wrap themselves around my legs. It was perfect. I must have read at least 300 pages in one sitting.

If you have not  read Marian Keyes novel entitled Angels, please do yourself a favor and get it NOW. It's lovely. 

Are you reading anything at the moment? Do you have any recommendations of books you've recently devoured that really just swept you away from your problems? 
I'd love to read all about them. 

Have a wonderful Wednesday beautiful people x

post signature


8 comments:

  1. There's nothing better than a good read! As the weather chills, I envision myself cozied up and doing even more of it... Hugs, T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good book can change your point of view on life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh I love reading a good book too. There's just something about it.. It doesn't always happen either.. some books are okay, some drag along and then there's the rare occasion where you have the BEST book ever.. and you know you're reading one and even though you know you should slow down and let this good book last... you end up reading 300 pages in one day! We all do it!
    I haven't read anything super good lately. I've been busy with reading all of these blogs.. geesh! It's a full time gig, isn't it!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love reading! It's my favorite current time, I guess you could say. I'm now reading Attachments by Rainbow Rowell and I'm thinking of trying 1Q84 after that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading might just be one of my favorite past times also! I have never read this but I'm definitely going to look into it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm currently reading " The Three Words" it's kind of interesting (: , totally agree with you that reading book is totally heavenly! x have a lovely week ahead of you!

    http://birdiethgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you have some great book to recommend :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade