Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Monday, October 21, 2013

Finley Quaye - Dice

Finely Quaye - Dice





That song tells a special story in my life. I remember listening to it while lying sprawled out across the floor with my best friend, Rachel. Surrounding us was scattered paper and scibbles - all ideas and chapters for a book we had started writing together. One thing that we were absolutely certain about was that our story was good enough to be made into a film... and the dramatic high spot of our film-to-be would be accompanied by this song. 

The dramatic high-spot had been a scene where we would run through the Heathrow Airport and into the arms of the men that were in our lives. 
To this day, even though the book we had started way back when is no longer in existence, every time I hear this song I think of that romantic moment.... running through the airport, trying to find the love of my life. The vision is so strong - maybe it will happen one day. Who knows? 
The face of the man has always been clouded over, fuzzy and unknown... a face I can't quite put a finger on.

How exciting it is to not know the future. 

post signature

3 comments:

  1. It is a great song for what you two were envisioning in your story. Remember the movie, "Garden State" ..? That one had great music to go along with the scenes in that movie!
    I had a girlfriend that loved to write stories like me. When we were pretty little.. we were co-writing a story together. It was pretty cute, but I don't think we got very far. We were young and easily distracted.
    I wrote a fifty page typed (on a typewriter..lol!) story.. (it wasn't even close to being done.) and I still have it somewhere. It was about, love, sex, murder.. you know- the usual for a 9 year to be writing about. I then wrote (hand written in a notebook) a long ass story (also never finished) about a werewolf.. I have that somewhere as well. One thing that's for sure; is that I never, ever threw away anything I wrote.. so it's in a memory bin somewhere in the shed.
    The future is very exciting... (I'll get more into that, in my reply to your letter.) I still haven't gotten the letter but it takes awhile to get mail from your part of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes! The dream of what's to come! Music can surely transport, can't it? Hugs + bliss! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love reading your posts!!

    www.SunshineMalone.blogspot.co.uk

    I would love it if you had 2 spare minutes to vote for me to win the 'Face of Craze' blogger competition! Here is the link:

    http://bit.ly/1gHaNHN

    Thank You xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade