Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Monday, March 16, 2015

Go Pro Hero 4 Silver: Review



I finally put my Go Pro Hero 4 Silver to use yesterday when I went out for a surf. They are such cool little inventions! I had a good laughing playing back to videos it captured of me getting absolutely pummeled (repeatedly) by waves. 

I haven't used it enough to give it a proper review just yet but I CAN say that they are finicky little things!!!!!! I got incredibly pissed off with it because no matter what I tried, I couldn't get it onto Video and Photo setting. It only took videos so the pics above are all crappy screenshots I managed to get when watching the videos later. I did have it on video and photo mode but then I took it to a shop to buy the 'floaty back door' accessory and the annoying know-it-all behind the counter fiddled with the settings.... so I don't know if I was more annoyed with the shop assistant or the bloody camera. I've reset the camera to default settings and everything, but I just can't get it to do what I want!! Highly irritating - not to mention my near heart attack when I first plopped it into the water. It's a very expensive oopsy if water somehow leaks into the casing! Seriously, the little gadget has just caused stress in my life so far!! But they ARE cool.... once you get used to them!

I'll get there eventually. I've got about 100 days to figure it out before my journey to Southeast Asia - that's where I'll be putting the camera to full use! 

post signature

21 comments:

  1. GoPros are SO expensive . I have never used one but my friends are crazy about them (I don't know how they work so..) But if anything expensive like that gets damaged by water, it would be a nightmare x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It still looks totally cool. you'll figure it out I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jade, I am sure you will figure it out... I too would have been freaking out after spending the money only to possibly have it be ruined... xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post, love the review.
    looks like fun

    - www.angelaah91.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow so amazing! great pictures!


    Tom and Tins Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard so many great things about the go pro. It is fun to actually be able to see some pictures taken with it. It was smart to get it a while before your trip so that you can get used to it. I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard so so much about Go-pro as well!! They're so so expensive though!! And I rarely shoot videos..so I am not exactly sure if I would be able to get a good use of it! but babe, I can't wait to see your vlogs!!! <3

    http://anshul90.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my!!! That looks very exciting! Annoying when people fiddle with your settings though!x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you get it figured out and can make it do what you want it to do. Great pictures! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's why I get Jeff to do this type of shit, otherwise I stress myself out too much or too quickly if I can't figure it out.

    Love GoPros!! They're really awesome, we loved ours for diving and reasonably priced, too!

    xoxoxo hugs darling. We have to talk. <3
    Lindsay
    www.theflynnigans.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. ah, i'd like to try a gopro:-) looks like you had fun, haha, and i hope you get the hang of the camera soon and will share more! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like so much fun Jade!! My best friend got married a few months ago and got a go pro as a wedding gift. I must ask her what she's done with it so far!!
    xx
    www.JuneWantsItAll.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hooray for you! That's really every traveler must have. Good luck in your travels. Enjoy!
    Looking forward to more great pictures here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooh I'd never figure that thing out, ha! looks so fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you had fun! Me and water--well...we don't get along so well. LOL! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. The photos made me giggle! I'd love a Go Pro! But I'm not sure my life is exciting enough for one at the moment haha! If I go travelling again though I will definitely invest :) Great post!

    Becca xx

    xbeccabe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love my GoPro. Sometimes maybe too much. In Hawaii I wouldn't go snorkeling without my GoPro, seriously :)
    I use it more for filming but as I see it is great for taking photos too. Great shots!

    <3 <3 Mahshid مهشید
    http://www.thankstofashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. The pictures look cool anyway! I'm still so in love with your hair color, it's gorgeous on you Jade!

    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving the photo snaps ! Def will be my next purchase. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are having a lot of fun , wish i could surf like you. I've always wanted to ask you what you do to keep in shape because you have a killer body. I guess surfing is one of them. Great pictures. and i love the colour of your bikini, almost the same as what i have on my nails right now.

    www.stylenbeautylounge.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wait, aren't they water resistant and stuff? Or by dropping into the water do you mean the possibility of losing it forever hahaha! I've heard they can be difficult beings to operate but damn, never thought it would be that hard. Thanks for shining light to this, I've always felt people sugar-coated them excessively.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade