Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Mountain Biking

I think I have discovered a new hobbie... 

This past weekend my good blogging friend Ricardo over at The Wine Oak (link below) came to visit:
http://www.thewineoak.com/ 

After demolishing three bottles of wine off on the first night and a pint of a bright blue cocktail concoction the next.. on Sunday we decided to give our bodies a health kick to even it out. SO... we rented mountain bikes! 

The trail we went on is at the Farleigh Nature Reserve - it was actually supposed to be closed to the public due to logging taking place but we decided to hell with it and started the cycle anyway. 





There was only one big tree that had fallen across our path but we managed to get through it and push on with the ride. 

I swear..... I thought that I was going to die at one stage. No exaggeration. 
15ks uphill is not for sissies!! Especially not when it is a blistering 31 degrees and all you have on is a bikini top and some yoga pants. 



It got the the point where we drank the water from puddles in the ground that was trickling down the mountains from the waterfalls. It was so cold and refreshing... I am all for living off of the earth and using plants instead of the crap we buy from chemists or cosmetic companies. At first though, I must admit that I had been slightly skeptical to drink the water from the ground. In a huge way this adventure completely opened me up to even more than before and just reminded me just how special and important nature is.

At first I absolutely hated the downhills and preferred the uphills, which soon changed let me tell you!! 
When there were downhills I really did think my life was going to end at first.. especially when I crashed into a ditch and my back wheel lifted up and chucked me over the handle-bars! But it was such good fun regardless and I absolutely loved it... 
The smell of the forest.. the creaking of the trees.. the sound of the waterfalls in the distance.. views of the greenest hills spanning out for miles on end... it was breathtaking. 

It was one of the best Sunday's that I have ever had. 
I had never mountain biked before.. so I did it and concurred it.. and will definitely be doing it again! 

Think it's time to invest in a bike!

post signature

13 comments:

  1. I love your adventures. It sounds like you had lots of fun!
    I love the antique finish of your pictures.
    Thanks for visiting my blog, I am following you on Bloglovin and GFC.

    Min x
    http://www.minsbeautyequipment.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like such a great time! I wish we had some uphill trails, our trails in Florida are all FLAT. Still fun, but not quite as much work! (:
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a hotty you are! I think you guys are a bit cuckoo, having a punchdrunk body, the heat and the distance! I would die

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my drinking puddle water that would scare me a wee bit. But cocktails, mountain bilking and living off the land sounds like quite the adventure!

    Allie of Dressing Ken

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture says it all; You did it! Talk about a champion Jade.. holy hell. I can't believe you've never mountain biked before and you chose that adventure as your first. Like I said; you're a champ.
    Drinking from puddles, why not!? My step dad used to stop on the side of the road if he saw water coming off of the mountain side.. He'd grab a jug and fill it up and encourage us to taste it. It was ice cold and the purest tasting water straight from the mountains. Mm mm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So jealous of your warm weather, it's freezing where I live. Looks like you had an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No wonder you look so fabulously fit! That's one heck of a workout--my hat's off to you, Doll! Glad you had big fun!!! xo T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never mountain miked before, but it sounds intense!

    ReplyDelete
  9. very nice post and pictures..i love mountain ;)
    come to see my new post sweety..
    NEW POST: http://honeyandcotton.org/2013/11/05/great-outfit-and-pictures-but-who-made-who-is-she/
    FACEBOOKk: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Honeyandcotton-Fashion-Blogger/422547954496955?fref=ts
    BLOGLOVIN: http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/6757331te
    G+:https://plus.google.com/108626334220279846676/

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOAH , it is super adventurous ! I have never done it , it's terrifying !

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like a lot of fun! I would love to do this and relax, take my mind off things. I think it would be great. Lovely pictures and glad to know you found a new hobby.

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my goodness, you are a rock star. Justin and I are planning three week bike trip all the way down the east coast this spring. I can't wait. Great post, hun. I'm hosting a handbag giveaway on the blog today. If you get a sec, I'd love if you could enter. :) Thanks, love. xo

    www.fashboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your blog :) http://madebyasha.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade