Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Thursday, February 4, 2021

Welcome Back

Crikey... blimey... heaven to Betsy... it has been a while.  
I guess I've always been pretty sporadic with my blog. Life gets busy... and bloody hell since my last update in July 2020 let's be honest.... the whole world has gone topsy turvy. Corona Virus (Covid-19) has taken over the world and ambushed everyone - though I can't help but feel it's a bit of a personal attack on all of my life plans! Like, hey Jade, you wanted all this shit by 30... HA! Try get there now, Bitch. 
Sorry. It's 06:30am and I'm only half a coffee in..... my witty sense of humor isn't quite scratching the surface yet. However, after a nudge from a certain British energizer bunny, I've decided to write again. 

I quite enjoy doing these silly horoscope updates and taking the piss out of them... so I thought I'd do that today. 

I googled, Taurus Horoscope 4th February 2021 to see what the stars have in store for me today.... 
The first thing that caught my eye was: Is 2021 going to be a good year for Taurus? I braced myself and clicked. Bulls will thrive at work this year, it said. Well.... not quite something I can tear apart and ridicule myself for.... in fact, it is rather accurate. Just a few days into this year and I actually secured a job in an office. An OFFICE. During a world pandemic. I started, so ready to get back to work and after just one week they offered me a role higher up in the company and I had that interview yesterday and just found out I GOT THE JOB. I have job security and couldn't be more thrilled. It has been a ROUGH ride since moving to the UK.... I can hardly believe it has been a year since moving here. The world pandemic and lockdowns have made getting financially stable near impossible but I feel like I am finally getting there. I got a job... I got a car.... I got rid of an ex that didn't deserve me. I am feeling quite frankly as the delicious Irish people say, GRAND. 

However, enough of the positive, power to me crap. This is supposed to be a piss take. 

It's actually a really boring horoscope.... 
'Mercury will conjunct with Pluto'.... I mean, at least it isn't Uranus? I am such a child.

Why the hell are all the horoscope pages focusing solely on my career today? On another site it says I am prioritizing work and have big goals energy about me. 
FINALLY.. here's something different. Brilliant. Basically I am going to be an insecure, emotional wreck today. Great.
On another site, I will perform well at work today. WORK. That is clearly the stars focus..... perhaps it's a sign. STOP focusing on love, Jade. Focus on work. Drill that into my noggin. BUT.... it's almost Valentines Day. Last Valentines day I was completely alone in a new country hugging onto a balloon heart in a restaurant BY MYSELF. I also lost a really nice pair of sunglasses that night which really upset me. 


I wanted the year of my 30s to be different. I thought by now I'd be with someone, working towards marriage. Kids. The works. But my time got completely mucked around by an emotionally unstable asshole who didn't know what he wanted and had the maturity of a six year old.
WOW that felt good. Love a good rant. 

Anyway, I really do need to go and get ready for work and prepare myself for braving all these bloody roundabouts in Milton Keynes... but I'll try one more horoscope page before signing off. 

Ooo here we go. 
Astrology.com has suggested that I feed my soul music, dance, poetry... immerse myself in creativity. 
It's telling me to expand my music collection. 
I'll be honest, I hardly ever listen to music. I'm more of an audiobook listener - but you know what. Fine. I'll crank up the volume on my radio on my drive to work today and listen to some TUNES. 

There's a Singles Love section so I clicked on that, too.
Sometimes it is best going back to the classics, it says, Candlelit dinners and a dozen red roses are cliche but basically what I need, it says. And honestly, I have to agree. 
I'm ready for some romance in my life finally. I want someone to show me I deserve that at last. I'm tired of finding men that are too proud of frankly arrogant narcissistic twats who don't make the effort to make a woman feel special. 
I want romance, and I'm fekking hunting for it. 

OK... so this really wasn't the funniest. It's possibly the early start and lack of wine to fuel my wit. It's possibly just that the stars are reminding me that now is MY time to focus on me and work and get financially stable and build my life and BELIEVE ME I am freaking trying.... but there's always time for a bit of love and romance, surely??? 

Signing out for now. Might do this again sooner than you think. I do miss my blog. Really.



post signature

1 comment:

  1. Great update. Stay healthy and wishing you lots of creativity!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade