Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

My Keto and Intermittent Fasting Diary

WARNING... THIS BLOG POST CONTAINS EXPLICIT CONTENT! 


Keto Day 2 – Tuesday 28th May

What a fail.

It started off well!
I precooked a keto omelet as shown in my previous post and waited till the clock struck twelve to gobble it down. So I stuck to the intermittent fasting of 16 hours which I was honestly so proud of!

BUT THEN….

I caught the train home after work and went straight to a bottle of South African red wine.
I was feeling homesick and upset about a couple of personal issues that have been going on in my life.
I uncorked the bottle and poured myself a generous glass.
Bliss.
I accompanied the wine with a bag of already opened packet of salt and vinegar crisps…… the large packet.
But hey – in my defense if I didn’t eat it the crisps would have just gone stale!
Sacrilege!
Anyway…
I’m just not the kind of person that can have one glass.
I either drink or I don’t… hey, at least I’m honest!
M came home a bit later – interrupting my girly session on the sofa watching The Bachelorette episode 3! But he had good news and poured himself a glass of wine too.
He had an interview for a new job and it went really well so we munched our crisps and celebrated with our wine then quickly cooked up some basa fish fillets with asparagus spears and green beans with some butter.
We didn’t finish the bottle but it’s open now so I guess I’ll be having a glass tomorrow, too! But if I just have one glass every evening until the bottles finished that’s still acceptable….. I think.
Like I said, I’m not really the kind of person who can just have one glass so this will be a challenge.
Still waiting for my copy of The Alcohol Experiment by Annie Grace to arrive so there’s no point in starting the 30 day challenge without that book as a guide yet anyway!

Keto Day 3 – Wednesday 29th May



10:40am – I’m ravenous. I have got to find a way to stop looking at the clock and waiting for it to be 12pm…. I’ve had two green teas and am now sipping on a peppermint tea trying to get by before lunch. I’m having leftover basa fillet with asparagus and green beans but it’s not a full portion so I’ve also got some almonds to munch on before dinner.

10:42am – I have to admit I’m looking forward to that glass of red later…

12:15pm - Ahhh that was good. Now time to make a black coffee...

12:31pm - Geez it's cold in Brisbane now that winters coming. 
OK - I know I'm being a woos... it's 22 degrees Celsius! 
I love the cold weather but I always forget to pack warm things for the office (which is freezing!). 

I have my hands wrapped around my mug to warm them up and an earphone in my ear. 
Image result for the good girl by mary kubicaI'm listening to The Good Girl by Mary Kubica on audible.... again. 

I've had to restart this book a million times already. I just can't seem to connect with it at all. It's odd because I LOVE thrillers / crimes / mysteries... and I'd heard great things about this book. 
Maybe it's the constant switching between past and present tense that's throwing me off - but then I've enjoyed books like that in the past! 
It's about this girl that disappeared and it flits between her mother finding out she's missing to when she's back home but obviously very traumatized and it also has more alternating chapters between the investigator and the abductor.... it's a bit sporadic for me I think. 
BUT then I haven't really been getting into audio books much at all lately... 
I enjoyed Bridget Jones Diary by Helen Fielding (because that woman is like my spirit animal) but other than that I've been going for more non-fiction lately.

Some I've read recently include:
The Gifts of Imperfections by Brene Brown (5 stars)
The Barefoot Investor by Scott Pape (5 stars)
Attached by Amir Levine (3 stars)
This is Going to Hurt by Adam Kay (5 stars)
It Burns by Marc Fennell (5 stars)
Chase Darkness With Me by Billy Jensen (5 stars and more if I could!!)

I keep getting lost with The Good Girl... such a pity.

12:44pm - Asked Mark what he feels like for dinner considering we don't have much in the fridge at the moment besides some broccoli. 
He said he's happy with a frozen beef pie from Coles that's in our freezer and steamed broccoli.... great.
Keto will NEVER work for me! 
Hahaha

13:50pm: Munching my almonds and chatting to fellow keto people on this great group I discovered on Facebook called Filthy Keto! 
It's the most non-judgmental, honest, fun group of people trying out keto while still having cheat days, swear and occasionally talk about the nutritional value of semen... 
These people sound RIGHT up my street!

I asked them on a scale of 1-10 how bad would it be if I had that frozen pie tonight and one of the responses was: "It would honestly be really bad BUT tomorrow is a new day!"

This is a great group for people who like me can't commit completely to keto and stuff it up - cheat and indulge sometimes on the big no-no's.... and they understand you, support you! The power of the internet. 

15:18pm: I was being so good!!! 
I was still feeling peckish so had half a stick of cucumber and another peppermint tea.... then my manager offered me some plain salted crisps..... since I'm already having a glass of wine AND a filthy frozen pie later anyway..... why not??? 

So my calorie count for the day is now 592. 

It DOES say that these potato chips in particular are low in saturated fats, though......
I'm just going to pretend I know what that means and continue to play Words Against Friends. 
Image result for jade and carly podcast
I gave up on The Good Girl AGAIN and am now listening to a podcast by Carly and Jade from The Bachelor! 



They just released their new podcast called Mommies Tell All and I'm loving it right now! Considering I want to be pregnant when I'm 30 (2 years to go...eeek!) if the world finally goes my way, this is a pretty fun and interesting podcast to listen to. 
Their current topic of conversation is naming their partners penis's (Pen-I??? Hahaha) and when they stop having sex because their partners think their dicks will hurt the baby..... which I don't think is possible.....?? 

But then what do I know...

Back to the keto-ish / diet blog.... 

Fairly positive after the wine, pie and most likely more wine I'll be over my calorie limit for the day. 

I'm managing to stick to the intermittent fasting (with difficulty.. the hunger pangs are real!) but will I ever be able to diet properly!?





post signature

4 comments:

  1. I have heard about keto, however I don't think it is for me,even though the results can be great ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried keto and it is SO hard! You go girl!! I didn't last long at all!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade