Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Monday, December 9, 2013

Trifle Recipe


The Trifle Recipe




As I am sure the whole world knows by now - Nelson Mandela has passed away. After the passing of this hugely inspirational man, I decided to make a trifle in his honor. 

The ingredients you will need to make this easy dessert are as follows:

  • 2 Cans of Mixed Fruits
  • 1 Packet of Boudoir Biscuits
  • 2 Packets of your preferred jelly (I chose Raspberry)
  • Custard
  • 1 Bottle of Cream
  • 1 Chocolate Flake
  • Blueberries
  • Strawberries

Start with placing the boudoir biscuits around the bowl and pouring the fruit in the center of them.
Boil the kettle and dissolve your jelly in a jug. Add in about 500ml cold water to your jelly mix (see back of jelly packet for instructions. But if you don't know how to make jelly...... I say nothing).

Once your jelly mixture is cool enough, pour into the bowl containing your biscuits and fruit. Set aside in the fridge to set.


Now that your jelly is set you can pour your custard on top. Then take a whisk or one of these fancy contraptions like I have and thicken up your cream. Make sure it is lovely and thick before spooning it on top of the custard.




To add to the presentation, grind your flake chocolate over the top of the cream. Halve some strawberries and decorate the top of your trifle however you like with the blueberries and strawberries!

Serve up and ENJOY! 



Trifle is without a doubt my favorite dessert. What is yours?
post signature

6 comments:

  1. Nelson Mandela was a one in a million. He definitely left an important legacy. I adore this sweet recipe! And, you look adorable! :) Hugs on your day! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you have me craving this already this morning! Looks amazing, Jade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I love ya Jade, but I am not a big fan of Trifle. Although, if you offered me some; I'd give it another try. AND I bet I may just like it. ;)

    So nice that you made a Trifle in Nelson Mandela's honour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks absolutely DELICIOUS!! And I love your adorable pictures with the cooking steps! :) So cute girl, and looks delicious!

    XOXO
    Ashley
    ashleyspassionforfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow looks sooo delicious!! i wish i could bake :P love these pics! :) following you back! :)

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing Jade! I love the presentation too.

    http://myfifthavenue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade