Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas Time!




The festive season is here. The tree is up. Fairy lights are twinkling in my windowpanes. Slithers of tinsel scatter the tiled floor - evidence of the cats at play during the day.

The radio is alive with Christmas tunes - and everybody seems happy to some extent, no matter what trials they face. 

It's Christmas. Family comes together - it is all about Giving.. it is a holiday that exudes love and hope. My favorite part about Christmas is shopping for others (and this is coming from someone that literally despises shopping...). I love picking something out for someone and wrapping it up (in newspaper I might add!) and watching their faces when they open it. It fills me with so much happiness to give something to someone, even if it is a materialistic object. I absolutely adore it. Christmas is by far my favorite of all of the holidays - and they are my reasons. 

We set up our tree the other day.. a tree we've had in our family since I born - yet I'm still not tall enough to put the angel on top of it! (blush). 
I got my brother and his wife (who is about to pop) to come around and we played some carols and extreme makeover-ed our house to match the rest of the worlds festivities. Oh and by pop I mean that in a few days I will finally become an Auntie to a beautiful little boy!!! 

That night I made a big curry for all of us which was absolutely delicious. One thing that always nails me however is the chopping of onions... so I opted for a pair of goggles and holy hell, they worked!!! 

No tears were shed - it did not look like someone died while I chopped away at those devious onions. WIN! 

The house looks amazing now too - I'm so happy to feel the season to be jolly lingering in the air. Here are some pics of our Christmassy night!


As I've been so quiet lately and will probably continue to be that way until the new year rolls in.. I've decided to make this post a bit of a catch up. 

Other things that have been going on are: 

  • The baby shower 




It's a Boy!!
 Cupcakes!
 Bubbles!

And... 

  • Bead Making 
Here are a few that I made last night... I was really just mucking around but I really do find it so fun. I'm a complete amateur but I can see I'm slowly getting more creative and unique with them - making things that no one else in the world would have and one day I do hope to sell them at markets etc:





  • Catching up with my amazing pals...
 




Lastly...

  • Nurturing my new Bonsai Tree!! 
I've been so blessed with such wonderful friends in life - and this little bonsai tree named 'Bonny' is my first Xmas pressie of the year. I'd made some comment about how I hate flowers because all they do is die no matter how well you look after them... and that if someone really wanted to get me something nice it should be a pot plant because then it is still alive and has time to grow and turn into something truly beautiful. Well.... what I thought was just a passing comment resulted in one of the sweetest, most thoughtful gifts I've ever received. I love it!!! 



Time to research Bonsai caring!!! 

Merry Christmas all!!! xxxxxxxxx
post signature

15 comments:

  1. This a such a fun post to read with beautiful pics... U have the tree since you were brown, wow...
    All the best for to your brother and stud tee in law for the baby boy...
    I am inviting you to enter my $50 Persunmall giveaway.
    http://www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com/2013/12/persunamll-50-christmas-giveaway.html?m=0
    Kisses
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely, festive pics! You look fab, Gal Pal! :) I've gotta try the goggle for onion chopping, myself! Merry Christmas, Jade! xo T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so so excited for Christmas, wooo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Christmas too, it feels so warm and loving. I love all the fairy lights and spending time with family, there is nothing else like it.

    Merry Christmas Jade!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love your bracelets! They are so funky and unique. AND they DO NOT look amateur at all. You could start selling them now, for sure!
    Oh Christmas- how I love you. The baby shower looks like it was a success and tons of fun!

    I have a picture of me looking quite dorky in goggles on Instagram. I was chopping onions too and they work great! Although, the neighbours probably think I'm completely craaaaazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely post.

    I have an ongoing blog giveaway. I hope you can drop by my blog and join.

    http://chasingculprit.blogspot.com/2013/12/win-amazing-dresses-worth-200-from.html

    xx
    ellie
    chasingculprit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL I love the goggles! My husband wears the same when he cooks, but not for cutting onions, but from smoke. There is usually lots of smoke in the kitchen when he does the cooking…
    I also love giving during Christmas. I learned that giving is a lot more fun than receiving after I had my kids, before I think I was more selfish…
    Congratulations for the auntie to be! Merry Christmas!
    www.minsbeautyequipment.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, looks like you had soo much fun :D Haha I love the santa and the cat!! Great blog...would you like to follow each other? If so just let us know :) xx

    www.junkjournal100.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahhh great pics! gotta love the holiday season :) happy holidays!

    Alexa <3
    http://sleepeatbreathefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good times, I wish I could enjoy this season as much.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful pictures!
    Merry XMas :)
    xx

    http://losaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pictures are wonderful and it seems like you're having so much fun! Happy Holidays… and look after your plant!
    xoxo,

    berrybloomxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such cool Christmas photos! Love your personalized bracelets

    Xx

    Alexandra

    www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a lot of fun! Like your cat..she looks very chilled :) Enjoy the holidays!

    http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. maybe we can follow each other? let me know! <3
    shootingdiamond.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade