Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Monday, February 18, 2013

Fashion | Peplum Top

Three days ago I decided to do a quick dash into Mr. Price to stock up on some winter cardigans for my London escapade coming up in about 50 days, 17 hours and 20 minutes, (but hey, whose counting!?).

I've seen peplum tops around other bloggers fashion posts but I haven't really been too crazy about them to be honest.
I thought I'd try one on while I was in the store, as I've recently discovered not to judge books by their covers. A wedding dress I thought to be hideous turned out to be 'not-so-bad' when I tried it on in the bridal boutique last week! 
 
This peplum top was plain white and had an almost 'country-girl' feel to it.
I also tried on a red, high-waisted skirt... (not eactly cardigan shopping now, is it?)
 
You can't really see the peplum shirt style in this photograph but I decided to add in what I wore here because it shows you a different way to wear it:


So that was my outfit! I've also really enjoyed just lounging around the house in this vest like piece. It's really comfortable and can be worn in so many different ways; they are cheap too! Unless you buy brands that is, which I don't... because a) I cannot afford them and b) even if I could, I would much rather save my bucks to do further travelling rather than buy something because it has the word 'Guess' on it. Everyone has different priorities I suppose!
 
Along one of my many hunts through the world of Pintrest I found some great Peplum tops and I also added my finds below for alternate designs and ways to wear them:
 





 
They are so versatile and fun to play around with! I must say that I really love the boob-tube fashion peplum top, that is probably my favorite from the lot.
 
Have you got any thoughts on peplum tops or found something in the fashion world that tickles your fancy lately? If so let me know!
 
I hope that everyone has a wonderful week ahead!
 
Jade

13 comments:

  1. I love seeing other people wear peplum tops and dresses, but I personally haven't tried or bought any yet. I think it's a very flattering cut though!

    x Gi
    alibimag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the last one is fab, love how the peplum kind of continues into the skirt

    Mili from call me, Maeby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, think it is a flattering cut. But just because it was a trend I didn't buy one ;-) I'm kind of stubborn when it comes to trends...

    Jolien
    http://julianaandthedaydream.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just talking about this with my sister last night and I'm not a fan of this trend...but maybe I should try one on before I completely say no huh? You're right the boob tube top is pretty cute!! and how exciting for London!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That top is adorable! I ordered my first peplum top and am currently waiting to receive it in the mail. I can't wait!


    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. first, LOVE your red skirt! and second, totally love a good cut peplum top! loving your finds!

    xo,Taylor
    iLikeMyClothesTaylored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really a super cute outfit!
    Btw, i nominated you for the 'Liebster award'! If you haven't really done it before, feel free to check it out on my blog if you like :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the peplum look on others but the few I've tried on just did not work on me. It's such a cute look, though! I love how you paired it with the red skirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute style! Def reminds me of Kim kardashian (I'm lame and love all things kardashian, hence their frequent reference on my blog!) you totally pulled off that outfit, something I couldn't ever do! Thanks for saying hi on my blog. I will def be following you!
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this look! Not sure i could ever pull it off but def super cute!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry..clearly I'm a robot since I didn't even read that the comment had to be approved and that's why my previous comment isn't showing up. Lol. Well at least I'm making sure I'm showing you some love :-)
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe I don't have a peplum top in my wardrobe. I just don't think it would look right on me. I think your outfit is adorable, though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade