Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Baked Salmon and Asparagus Foil Parcel

Last night I made such an incredible, tasty, quick and easy dinner (my usual meal for one saga.....) I just had to share it with you all. 



What you will need:

- Salmon (or your preferred fish)
- Asparagus
- Black Olives
- Lemon (thinly sliced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Rosemary
- Aluminium Foil

Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
Holding your asparagus spears in your hands, bend them until they naturally snap at the point separating the tender top part and the tough bottom part.
Tear a generous piece of foil from the aluminium foil roll and fold in half, placing it in the middle of your baking tray. 
Curl the edges of the foil to form a square just large enough to lay your asparagus in.
Drizzle some olive oil over your asparagus spears once they are in the tin foil. 
Mince up a clove of garlic and sprinkle it over the asparagus, seasoning with salt and pepper.
Slice the sides off of some black olives - removing the pips- and scatter them on top and around the asparagus.
Baste your fish in some olive oil and lay on top of the bed of asparagus.
Crush and mince your second garlic clove, scattering it on top of the fish. Season with salt and pepper.
Thinly slice your lemon and layer on top of the fish as a garnishing. Squeeze your desired amount of left over lemon over the fish to add some more flavor. 
Finally, put some sprigs of rosemary of the fish and wrap it all up in the foil to make a parcel.
Place your baking tray with the parcel into the oven for 15 minutes (it won't take long for the fish to cook in the foil). 

Remove and carefully unwrap your parcel to enjoy it! I eat straight out of the foil but you can remove it and put it onto a plate if you want to.

Bon appétit!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. MMMm, it does sound delicious! I like ALL of those ingredients muchly!!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jade, I am glad you found a recipe you are enjoying, I am not a fish person but maybe I could make it with thin chicken... it's an interesting way to cook food ... I am happy to hear about how your training is going with all the changes coming up, I am sure you will do amazing xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade