Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Siargao - The Philippines (Entry 6)

Siargao

Day 8 - 5th July:

Today was my last day in Siargao! My travel agent advised that I change my flight due to bad weather approaching and considering my TRAVEL STRESSES I had just a week ago I decided to listen to him.

Yesterday was the 4th July and although we don't celebrate that in South Africa, apparently they do in the Philippines! After a really lazy day of lounging in bed and FINALLY patching things up with Sam (I wrote SORRY in shells I'd collected from the beach and he'd responded with ITS OK, I LOVE U, written in woodchips from his machinery show in Taiwan) *insert 'awwww' here*




After everything was feeling back to normal and loved up, my Kiwi family tapped on my door and invited me out to a fireworks party in celebration of the 4th of July. It was beautiful to see Fireworks. I normally hate them because of how they effect animals but they were really small and quick. It was so festive there as well, one guy called Neil who is from NYC (he's about 8 feet tall and looks like a professional basketball player,) wore a full USA outfit and I just had to get a photo with him:


For my last full day in Siargao we went Island hopping. It was AMAZING!!! If you ever find yourself in Siargao you just HAVE to get to Kermit Resort and put your name down for the Island hopping. The food is out of this world. There's volleyball and swimming in the ocean that just plummets down so deep and blue it's breathtaking. I had the absolute time of my life. The locals are incredibly friendly and welcoming, they hack you up coconuts and you can drink the gorgeous coconut water. It's a full, unmissable day trip that you'll remember for the rest of your life.
Here's a few snaps from my time there:

Arriving on one of the 3 islands




The food was the best food I had all week long

Drinking the coconut water

Getting 'high' in the trees with the locals

I was invited to a bonfire in the evening and that was my send-off party. I only stayed for one beer because I wanted to get back to the resort, pack up my bags and get an early night before a 5am surf in the morning. 

The surf on the 6th July was GINORMOUS. I kept begging my instructor, Eloy, to let me go back, but he just laughed at me and made fun of how huge my eyes were. I was petrified. The waves must have been 8 feet high and I got absolutely annihilated. 
I'm sitting close to the Mactan Cebu airport right now in the Philippines waiting for my flights to Bali and I have a wonderful bruise across my face from the surf-board slamming me in the face. Luckily it's not blue yet - just extremely sensitive. 
Surfing is a rough sport and you need to be ready for it - with all of it's conditions. 

I was really, really sad to leave Siargao and I definitely feel like I'll go back there again in the future. It's a place that will resonate in your heart for the rest of your life... and leaving left me feeling like this:


But now it's on to Bali.... I'll update you all when I can. I don't think I'll be online as frequently in Bali as I was in Philippines. But the days I'm silent just know I'm out soaking in the sun, surf and surreal holiday feeling, taking photographs to share with you all when I can. 

Love to all - and to all, a safe life xxxxx 

post signature

22 comments:

  1. island hopping, sounds so cool
    hope you have as amazing time in Bali as u had in Philippines
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks so exciting Jade. Glad you made up with Sam. I hope you love Bali equally.
    SERIOUSLY, that guy is enoooooooormous!!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great trip! Lovely pictures!

    Jenan
    http://lavieenmauve-jj.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so much fun sweetie!!

    Check out my last post: How to Relieve Stress! ;)

    Diana Bryant
    www.ManhattanImageandStyle.com – Blog
    www.DianaBryant.com - Web

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like fun!!!

    check out my newest post
    xx
    Tyana
    cityofglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad your time in the Philippines ended on a positive note! I hope your next adventure is just as wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've really enjoying coming along with you via Insta, I can't wait to see all the pics from Bali!

    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I just wonder why I've never been to Siargao yet!

    The weather is really bad around this time. I hope you have a safe flight. Glad you enjoyed your stay and that you patched things up with your man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear things are better between you and Sam now. It looks like you are having an amazing time. Hope the next leg of your trip goes smoothly. I enjoyed your photos. It looks so beautiful there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun photos - sounded like a great time!

    - Audrey Allure
    http://audreyallure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. so beautiful and so glad you had a great trip--that guy is TALL lol xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. this looks like such a fun trip! the shells apology was such a cute idea. I gotta try it lol

    xx Sera | STARDUSTBOHEMIAN.COM

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look like you're having a blast! Good for you, sweet Jade! Hugs on your week! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh Jade seems like you're having the most amazing time! I need to catch up on your previous entries. I seriously can't stop laughing over the basketballer photo. He is huge!

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post,love it!
    beautylove7694.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. YAY!! So glad you both patched up. I had a feeling your unhappiness before the holiday had something to do with your relationship!! Glad u had a blast!! :)
    xx
    www.junewantsitall.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay! So glad you guys patched up! I had a feeling that your unhappiness before the trip had something to do with you both. Am happy everything is fine now!! Keep smiling :)
    xx
    www.junewantsitall.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post<3 you look stunning, thanks for sharing this is super fun to read. Do you want to support each other's blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you do so I can follow you right back x

    kisses

    http://www.theclosetelf.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. This trip looks like so much fun! I had no idea that they celebrate the fourth in the Philippines too. I am sure you are going to love having all of these memories recorded here. Can't wait to read about the next part of your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like you had so much fun in Philipines, who's the giant ..lol I've missed coming here. I nominated you and your beautiful blog for the Versatile Blogger Award , i hope you can check it out. Kisses.

    http://www.stylenbeautylounge.com/2015/07/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. These photos look like so much fun. I'd love to go on a tropical vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade