Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Review | Mumford and Sons : Wilder Mind

I am a HUGE Mumford and Sons fan - I always have been. 

I remember years back driving to the beach with a stack of surfboards in the back of a rusting Colt bakkie, listening to 'White Blank Page' from their first album 'Sigh No More.'

When their second album, 'Babel' came out in 2012  they exploded... 'I Will Wait' is possibly one of the most successful songs I know to date! 
They are just pure geniuses. 

The indie, folk band with their rocking banjo's released their third album, 'Wilder Mind', in May this year (pretty much on my birthday.. best gift EVER), and as I'm sure everyone that has listened to it knows, it's extremely different to the first two albums.

It's as though their third album was de-folked. 
The banjo we all came to know and love is gone and I'm not too sure how I feel about that. 
They made hill-billys have sudden sex-appeal for goodness sake!!

Honestly, at first I don't think I would have recognized the music as Mumford and Sons if I'd heard it on the radio. Everything that made them who they are is gone. 
It was nothing short of a drastic change but that doesn't necessarily mean that the third album was a bust though. Quite on the contrary, I haven't stopped listening to it!!! (Not just because I got robbed and every CD I ever owned was stolen.... but because it's just beautiful).


Do I have a favorite song??? 
No. 
I want to say Track 1 (Tompkins Square Park) and Track 2 (Believe) - they are so filled with emotion and meaning and fantastic melody... not to mention I really connect with the lyrics - but then there's Track 12 (Hot Gates), Track 7 (Snake Eyes)! Gorgeous! Ear-gasm.... I'm not kidding. Track 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10 and 11 too!
I have only had it for a few days so I haven't had much time to really indulge in all tracks yet but I've heard The Wolf and Cold Arms are also two very incredible songs to enjoy.

Marcus Mumford did an incredible job on the songwriting as he always does - though I heard the others all wrote the lyrics along with him which is why the album is so diverse. Everyone from all over the world can relate and connect with their fantastic words on relationships, sorrow, regret and more. 
Their words (their art) has the overwhelming ability to riddle you with goosebumps and shatter your world in the most beautiful way.

Get to your nearest music store now - it's absolute. 

post signature

11 comments:

  1. Gotta check this out. Thanks for sharing. :)

    How's the bride-to-be? Hope you won't turn bridezilla anytime now. Stay lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey babe! Haha I never thought I'd be a bridezilla but... well.... I think I can be one!
      It's mostly all fun though :)

      Delete
  2. not a fab fan of the band, but will listen to it for sure as you really like it
    Happy Weekend
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This album is very different from the others - so maybe you'll enjoy it more Pooja! :)
      Let me know what you think x

      Delete
  3. I like some of their stuff, so I will be checking this out!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. haven't listened to all of this yet, but as it's mumford and sons i'm sure i won't be disappointed, haha! they're so good. and on a completely unrelated note, your wedding planning sounds exciting! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They couldn't disappoint even if they tried :)
      Thanks Laura, loving planning even with the stress :) xxxxx

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh Jade... the way you talk I'm not sur I could handle the emotions that came with these songs... yet I know I will YouTube them... the music sounds enthralling xox ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd have thought you'd love them Launna! You're so deep and meaningful, try them out and let me know! This album has a really happy beat to loads of the songs too - that's why it's so diverse. Really great songs. x

      Delete
  6. Hugs to you on your engagement party weekend! :) I saw the little grandson, today. He is such a doll! Joy and hugs from across the sea!!! T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww <3 they are amazing aren't they? Love my nephew to bits and pieces xxx

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade