Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Thursday, January 16, 2014

2014 Is Going To Be A GREAT Year...

Last night I received the BEST news in the world...



Women's Health Magazine contacted ME requesting pitch ideas for their next issue! So I now get the opportunity to pitch them ideas and hopefully be featured in either their February or March edition!!! 

I am overwhelmingly shocked and thrilled and spent all of last night scribbling down ideas and pulling my hair out trying to make them worth-their-while. This morning I boiled the kettle at 5am and glugged back an abundant amount of caffeine and set to work again - compiling my short-list of pitches before emailing it off to them.  

This has been a dream of mine for so long that if I pull this off - I would literally die happily. Blissed out in the fact that the only true dream I have ever had - becoming a published writer, has become real. It is now tangible - and if they publish me now, then that is the stepping stone of my future as a freelancer! 

The best part was that it was a complete surprise. I must have emailed them over a year ago, producing an article or two to portray my writing style and they told me that it wasn't what they were looking for at that stage. I didn't let it crush me but it was a major disappointment. Then, last night I decided to log onto  my emails which I never do in the evenings.. and was blown away by this email from them. I know it might seem small to some people and there are no promises of them choosing my pitches but to know that I at least made it onto their database.. to know that they must have been impressed with my writing even back then... that is HUGE to me! They contacted ME!! I am thrilled and flattered and just bubbling over with delight - either which way it was been a massive boost in my confidence and has made me want to write non-stop again. 

In fact, yesterday I was feeling so creative when I woke up before any of this... after work I got home and started painting on canvas for the first time this year. 

Life is good - and it can only get better from here. 

This is my chance to prove myself - wish me luck bloggers!!!



post signature

17 comments:

  1. Love the two quotes. Best of luck with your article

    www.highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow congratulations Hun you will do amazing

    Carrieanne xx
    http://beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post dear :)

    www.beautyfrontline.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats for such a big opportunity doll :)
    Kisses
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! It's an opportunity you have been waiting for. Also, the fact that they contacted you is a major thing even if your ideas do not get chosen immediately, they might get chosen in the future. Very pleased to hear that you know exactly what you want to do in your life; I know too, but I don't know the road to get there, which is a bit of a disappointment.

    Good luck, Jade!!!

    Min
    www.minsbeautyequipment.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh!!!!!!!! This is freakin' HUGE Jade!!!! You are obviously excited, but my Goodness!!! I am so happy for you! Can you tell by all of the exclamation marks I'm making!!!!!?
    But for real, how awesome. I'm incredibly proud of you and keep up with this high you're on because this is the best, best time to come up with some great writing material!! Good job chasing your dream!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That fantastic, congratulations Jade! I really do hope you are featured!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh, congrats!!! I'm so excited for you, this is going to be a great opportunity for you!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy for you, Jade!! Sending your the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great post! following you now on gfc, bloglovin and facebook! keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super-huge congrats, Sweetie! I am so happy for you!!! Your talents and hard work are paying off--how very wonderful! Here's to you, your wonderful success and much more to come in 2014! xo T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an opportunity! Looks like your hard work is paying off. Congrats, lady :)

    xo Ashley
    thetiniestfirecracker.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these quotes! What a beautiful post!

    Thank you for your nice comment on my blog! Let's stay in touch! <3

    Diana
    www.ManhattanImageandStyle.com
    New Outfit Post: Winter Red

    ReplyDelete
  14. well this is awesome! congrats girl <3 also let me say it made my day when i saw your comment asking me to come back. Sorry I've been gone so long. You really made me happy to know that people were missing me! So glad to have your support! Great post my love! congrats again

    Alexa <3
    http://sleepeatbreathefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know, you don't always need to wait for a new year to start fresh...goals can be achieved any time :) wish you much success and hope you make it into the magazine!

    http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done, Jade :) I wish you all the best in 2014 :)
    http://littleblingring.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade