Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Monday, August 20, 2012

Dermalogica Moisturizers - Which one is for You!?


Dermalogica Moisturizers – Which one is for you?!

It’s pretty easy to pick up a bottle of face cream in your local drug store, buy it and not even realize how bad it is for your skin. I mean who really has the time to go and scrutinize every single ingredient a product contains – right?!

I too am a culprit of such a situation – usually, my go-to cream was a fairly well-known brand that seemed to work fine for me, my skin felt great when I applied it twice a day; but then when I started working in a spa, the looks of shock and horror I received from the therapists when I told them which brand I use was almost frightening.

I didn’t understand why using this product, used by millions of women worldwide, was such a crime. So I decided to do some research.
There turned out to be just over seventeen ingredients in my particular product, most of which sounded like gibberish to me.
A few ingredients were the preservatives Imadozolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben and Methylparaben… see what I mean? Gibberish.

However, it wasn’t that much of a foreign subject to me to not have heard all of the negativity towards preservatives in your facial creams.  
I just wasn’t sure why.
I sat down with one of the therapists at work who down-right told me the product I’d been using is ‘crap,’ and that it was actually cancer-causing if used after a long period of time.
I felt almost scolded as she told me I need to research what I spend my money on in the future.
The paraben’s found in many cosmetic products have apparently been found in cancerous breast tissue yet at the same time I found information stating that the latest studies are showing paraben’s are fully digestible and harmless to the body.

To be on the safe side, I decided to give up my loyalty to my facial cream brand and got a tester of Dermalgica from work.

After using it for just a week, I received dozens of compliments about my skin. Personally, I didn’t notice a difference in appearance but I could definitely feel it. It just felt so much more hydrated and healthy… and for this reason I decided to give the brand some praise by writing this post.
I also thought it would be a wonderful idea to sum up a few of the products for you all to help you get a quick and better understanding of which cream is right for you!

Dermalogica has unique moisturizers for each different skin condition.
There are three Dermalogica moisturizers that I will be sharing with you in this post.

Dermalogica Active Moist
This lightweight, oil-free and fast penetrating lotion is recommended for people with excess oil production and for the more sporty / active type.
The Silk Amino Acids found in this product help to smooth and improve the skins texture.
The extracts of cucumber, burdock and sage provide deep hydration benefits which leaves the skin with an overall feeling of calmness.
This product is best used after applying the Multi-Active Toner from the Dermalogica collection and is applied evenly to the face and throat in smooth, upward strokes both morning and evening.

Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance:
This is an ideal product for someone looking for a thicker cream.
The Vitamin C found in this product helps to repair premature-aging.
If you have ultra-dry skin that you just can’t bare anymore, then this is the cream for you.
It is so nourishing for your skin that it will appear revitalized and feel noticeably suppler.
Applied twice daily, morning and evening after use of the Multi-Active Toner or the Soothing Protection Spray, to dampened, cleansed skin.


Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream:
Dermalogica’s Skin Smoothing Cream is a medium weight lotion recommended for skin that suffers from dehydration and premature aging. It contains essential oils for the purpose of smoothing the skin as well as antioxidants to help fight aging.
This product is great to promote skins elasticity and is rich in emollients which helps to protect the skin from pollution.
This is the product that I used that helped to get me so many compliments.
The aloe found in this cream helps to prevent the appearance of dehydration which is my explanation for my now natural glow!
Best used after the Soothing Protection Spray, apply the cream over dampened face and neck, morning and evening.
I doubt I could ever go back to using another brand now.  
Although quite pricey in comparison to the quick grabs from the supermarket shelves, I believe it is completely worth it; and your skin thinks so too!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade