Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Someday Your Ocean Will Find Its Shore

New year, new chance, new boyfriend and new beginnings.

Starting my blog off fresh, no longer dwelling on the past. All the things I had yet to answer, all the stories with no ends, will be kept that way. I am now looking towards the future, writing about 2011 and 2011 alone.

With a New Year, comes New Year Resolutions... these were mine:
1) Put a fixed amount of my salary into my savings account at the end of every month for the next 12 month (saving towards my Italy trip that I will one day embark on!)
2) De-clutterize my room (could take a while!)
3) Drink & smoke less (so far not going as planned...)
4) Don't give up on surfing, keep it up and get good! (just got my first board! So far, so good!)
5) Take up new things I.E yoga, jogging, cooking classes, horse-riding etc.

2010 was a pretty unstable year for me. Splitting up with Lydon after a three year relationship made me get my first real taste of freedom and I took full advantage of it. After we split, I chopped off the majority of my hair, dyed it platinum blonde, got new piercings & tattoo's... My ultimate goal is to make 2011 a better and more stable year. I have met a great guy that may be able to help me with that! We've seen each other around and about for a few years but after my family abandoned me of Christmas night to go party, I decided to ditch the sweats and chick flicks, and head out for drinks at Cornuti's. I saw him in the crowd and decided to say hello. Instant sparks.
We had a wonderful couple of hours together. In those few hours I realized that he treated me better than anyone had in a long, long time. Both sad and lovely!
On Boxing Day he'd made prior arrangements to leave before the sun rose for the Transkei with some buddies. He was gone for eleven days.

It has been tough getting over Michael, but I've finally moved on. I finally realized that I never stood a chance. I did think it would take a lot longer to move on, but when you find something great, you have to seize the moment.

Funie and I have spent a grand total of four days together so far, each one of them has been filled with great memories and lots of smiles. When he got back on Thursday, we met on the Yellowbrick Road behind Fruit & Veg City and took our dogs for a walk along the lagoon side.
We went out for a couple of drinks afterwards and eventually ended up back at his house. I was insanely tired and closed my eyes on his bed for a few minutes. He was lying besides me. Reluctantly and slowly I parted my lashes after a few minutes, knowing I needed to head home. I felt his hands stroking my cheek. Even though my eyes had been closed, he'd been lying there watching me drift off.
"Your so pretty." he whispered.

Friday night we headed out to Zanzibar with a couple of his friends and everyone was coming up to me asking if he was my new boyfriend. I laughed and told him what they were asking and he looked at me with a serious expression on his face and said, "Do you want me to be?" and that's how we became official!
Since then we've already been surfing together twice, I've met his lovely family and even had dinner with his sister and her hubby tonight.

So life has taken a strange and unexpected turn. I'm enjoying not knowing what's coming. This life can bring you so many amazing surprises, you just need to welcome them.

I've started living by a beautiful quote that has started to make me things so differently. Amazing how a couple of words can do that to you:

Someday Your Ocean Will Find Its Shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade